Monday, January 30, 2012

Confession: I Meant to Do That


My primary means of survival in New York (in terms of pride) is to pretend that “I meant to do that.”  Exit the subway at the wrong corner?  I meant to do that. This right-turn-only square that I’m making around the block to get back to where I had originally intended to be was a completely intentional detour.  Wait in the wrong line at the supermarket so that I approach the Cash Only cashier with my credit card? I meant to do that.  The company should be aware of its poor notification system.  Walk to a "nearby" independent coffee shop or bookstore to do some work on the computer, then end up walking twenty blocks?  I meant to do that.  I’m just exploring the city.  Push instead of pull?  Well, that was just a stupid moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment